Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Berlin & the Opera

Sightseeing in Berlin.

The Siegessäule (Victory Column)


Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)


With and without the Wall.


Where the Wall once stood.

The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe (also known as the Holocaust Memorial).



Checkpoint Charlie today from the American Sector.



 "Casey's dad" on duty in 1963.  Notice the sandbags in front of the the building.

 To dinner and the opera.




 Sarah's Tiffany earrings                                            Chuck's Cartier Watch

The hotel restaurant



The Komische Oper Berlin


The famous "Queen of the Night" aria from The Magic Flute.


Even if you think you don't like opera, you should really watch this video. Diana Damrau's vocal abilities will knock your socks off.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that dress, I approve. ;)
    The pictures from Berlin I've already seen with my own eyes in real life, but I liked it all. Great, great gifts and cozy great resturant look. Perfect for a married couple.

    And yeah, I don't like opera. But wow, her voice was so damn powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so it's that dress. Very nice choice, very nice choice indeed. :)

    Those earrings are beautiful too. What an amazing, gift! Good going, Chuck! (or should I say, Bridget. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is McDonald's - I'm lovin' it!

    ReplyDelete